Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Day 3 in Artyom

Good Wednesday morning (or evening for those of us on the other side of the world!)

Today was great. Nakita's main objective was his snacks! He ate all morning long! We did go out for some playtime outside, but it was shaded and quite chilly. After that we stayed indoors and played with his books and ball, but he was HUNGRY! As we spend more time with him, he's really reminding me of someone else we all know.....stubborn, strong willed, a mind of his own, does what he wants to do, wants to eat when he wants to eat..... hmmm, who could that be? He did get slightly irritated with Jon when Jon tried to hug him. He yelled "NYET, NYET" followed by a finger point. Jon laughed. This is his boy.

We were able to take him up to his group of mates and they were ready for lunch and waiting for him. It is so heartbreaking to see all these faces staring up at us, not knowing their final story. Nakita pushed through them and was ready to eat! He turned around, waved "paca". We waved to all of his mates and will return tomorrow.

I tried to attach video of the countryside here, but it is taking WAY TOO long, so I will try to do that when I am at home.

Thanks for all your support! We love reading the comments and appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Becky & Jon


Here are some pics of his baby home "Desky Dom".



This is where they have music and special holidays.


This is the pet turtle. He even has his own heater!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a beautiful family! You have so much love to share. You are making the right choice. I can see it in your faces. Thank you for sharing this whole experience. I am starting my day with a smile.

Love, Theresa

Anonymous said...

Amazing, simply amazing.....Love the photo. Have a great day
Bumby


good luck cant what to meet nick
love madalyn


good luck cant wait to meet nick love cassidy

Anonymous said...

Jon and Becky,
You are breaking my heart. I know if I were to see what you see, I would be so emotional. The girls think that he looks like Jon...you think he "sometimes" acts like Jon...hmmm
Sounds like a perfect match :-)
We love Ya'll TK

Jane said...

Becky, you all make such a beautiful family! What a cute little boy. Jane

NS, GR & PR said...

Hi Mom and Dad

Sounds just like me....hungry, hungry! We are enjoying the pictures, he looks so cute!

I am staying home today because I have the croop. Grammy called the school to let them know.

Love yall!natalie

Anonymous said...

Love the picture! (only had tears welling up in my eyes today) I too have become addicted to the blog - its even on my black berry. Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to meet the newest addition to the family.

Nat - hope you feel better soon!
The Pankiewicz's

PSSEILER said...

He is so beautiful! You can see how connected he has become with both of you already. I can't wait to meet my nephew in January/February! Enjoy the rest of the week with Nick -- we love you and him already!

Love, Hal, Pam, Em, Hannah and Matthew

Anonymous said...

We love you all. Sam and Matt already made a Mii on the Wii for cousin Nick. Sam and Annie think he is awesome. You have our prayers and even several more from others in Burlington. Annie's preschool teacher adopted a 2yo girl from India, thinking she had brittle bone disease like her other biological dgtr. Well, it ended up just that the 18 bone fractures were from abuse and the little girl is the most vivacious, happy sweetie. Anyway around it, Nikita is already my nephew... okay, I'll try to stop tearing up. Love to you all. Kath, Matt, Sam and Annie

Anonymous said...

It is great that you have this site. We are able to supersize the images and print then out in photo quality, so we can share with our friends! Thanks so much for sharing.

LJADG said...

I have to let you know that all of us are tuned in- I think that we are all enthralled with your love story! Your audience is growing each and every day. We are still praying and cannot wait to see you guys.
Love, the Gallentine Gang

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys...Your fav cousin Tim here. Been reading the blog daily...thanks for the updates. I have put the latest photo of the 3 of you on my desktop. It's a beautiful family photo. Natalie will make it even better.

You guys be safe. We DO have you in our prayers every day.

Travel safe. Tim, Diane, Lauren and Matt

Anonymous said...

P.S.

Jon! What the hell happened to your hair?

tw

rboward said...

We are so excited for you the pictures look as if he is so happy to be a part of your family. Tell
Jon he isn't missing much since Wisconsin lost one and Ohio state keeps on winning.
We will miss you at the wedding but will take pictures of your daughter having a wild time. Take care and travel safe
Love Dick & Sharon