Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thursday in Vladivostok

Hi everyone!

We woke up early again today. Neither of us has been able to sleep well here. So, we tuned into yet another episode of Seinfeld. Yes, we watch the older american sit-coms on satelite. Everything says "stay tuned for the new episode". I spose they were all new...10 years ago. Anyway, it's fun and keeps us occupied. We've watched so many movies. I know Jon can't wait to get home and watch college football.

We went to the baby home around 10am. Nakita was ready for us. We stopped and watched the turtles and frog in fascination. He loves tapping the glass to scare the fish too. (He will really love the Petco fish station!) We hid the snacks today for just a little while to try to get him to play. It worked for about 20 minutes. We did a puzzle and he loves his touch and feel books. He mimicks "neigh" and "meow - meow". After awhile, he mainly concentrated on finding the snacks. He looked behind, under and around us. In the sack that we bring everyday, he took everything out trying so hard to find his snacks. We couldn't hold out and once we opened the can, he would take 2, give the can holder one and close the lid.

We had a great day playing and when we took him back to his group they were in the midst of story time. We open the doors and they all shout "Nakita" for his return. Very heartwarming!

We ate lunch with Lana and Arina here at the Vlad Inn. They are very comical in their stories of Russians and the "2" New Years celebrations they have. They call it Drunk month from December 31 - January 20!

This afternoon, we went to notarize our final document to formally request the adoption of Nakita. The gal was out to lunch so we went souvenier shopping quickly (as you all know, I don't like to shop quickly.... Jon became a little impatient. Shocker!) But, the store was about 5 million degrees and there definitely not alot of time to do everyone justice as Arina was waiting for us in the car. So Lana helped us pick and choose items. We had to go then back to the notary, who was located in an dark alley way. Very quick!

Lana, our interpreter, loves cats as we found out on one of our many drives. We told her that one of our good friends, Mr. T has 2 cats and a stroller for his kitties!! She loved that and had never heard of such a thing, but would like to see one! Mr. T you are are international icon now!! Such a trend setter!

Here are a few photos for you of the city and of Nakita today!

We miss you all!

Love Jon & Becky



Vlad photos.....



6 comments:

LJADG said...

Hi Becky, how are you? I saw Nikitas pics!!! He is so so cute. I wish I could meet him right now. I liked the pic of Jon and Nikita doing the knuckles. I thought of dj when Nikki was tapping the glass.I have a field trip today at 5:45, and I get to go to Springfield!! We miss you and love you!!!
-Aly

Anonymous said...

Jon & Becky,
I feel as though I am there with you. I can just see the excitement on Jon's face when you were shopping ;-)
Have you tried the Vodka? I have to drink one every time I read your messages. I think it is psychological. I love your photos. Such a hansom family...it will be even better with big sister Natalie. Take care and know that you are being thought of often. TK

Anonymous said...

Jon and Becky,
Thanks again for sharing pics and stories. Just wanted to drop a quick note to say that we are thinking of you often and will be saying lots of extra prayers as you face what I can only imagine will be a very tough day tomorrow. The whole family is in our prayers.

P.S. Our condolences to Jon and family on the passing of his uncle. I like to think Nakita has a new guardian angel who will watch over him until you can bring him home.

Anonymous said...

hey guys ---
My thoughts are with you as you face a very difficult day tomorrow. Here's to the next few months flying by....

Jon -- I know how excited you are about that flight :)

Take care and thanks again, I won't know what to do without daily updates.... td

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip home.......be strong and hopefully God willing you will return to adopt him formally. I bet the time will go by fast, with the holidays, parties and preparing for him to arrive. Hope that all is well......Bumby

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!